The Ian Somerhalder Foundation aims to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects to positively impact the planet and its creatures.
Founded by actor Ian Somerhalder in 2010, the Ian Somerhalder Foundation (IS FOUNDATION) is dedicated to protecting the environment and animals. The IS FOUNDATION is comprised of a group of people who view the environment as an interconnected organism of which we are not separate but a part of. There is no differentiation between all living things: trees, rivers, animals and humans. We are all one interdependent organism.
Nature does not behave independently. It works in unison with all its elements. Working independently to transform our planet is like trying to playing a violin with no strings. Communities of businesses, organizations, people and projects must begin to connect resources and skills to passions and projects. The IS Foundation will behave in full collaborative spirit by joining with other non-profit, for-profit and governing bodies globally to:
1. Distribute funds and resources towards global conservation, green energy development/deployment and educational tools.
2. Create awareness that global deforestation can be seen as a national/international and global security risk.
3. Create mobility by engaging and supporting the most powerful, yet disregarded, disrespected and overlooked population on the planet – our youth.
4. End animal cruelty and promote programs such as: “species specific sterilization drugs”; transfer and re-train abandoned animals into assistive and therapy guides.
5. Support and creating sustainable strategies for “no-kill shelters”.