HIRING: Social Media Manager, RYOT
YOT is an immersive media company based in Los Angeles utilizing emerging digital formats to invite our audience to be more than just a witness to what’s happening in the world around them. As filmmakers, activists, and humanitarian aid workers, RYOT spotlights the world’s key global and social issues and cultural and countercultural movements by creating innovative 360° and virtual reality experiences for viewers. From being on the ground in a Syrian war zone to profiling the indigenous fight against global oil corporations, our films span five continents, bringing new and innovative stories back to the stateside audience. RYOT is a part of the AOL family.
RYOT is changing the future of storytelling. As the face of media changes, we are on the frontlines of that evolution by utilizing innovative tactics across technology, media and creative to develop award-winning and impactful work. Join the Academy Award, Peabody and Emmy nominated team and be on the ground floor of building a forward-thinking creative agency and brand. Be the future of media.
RYOT is seeking a Social Media Manager to join our Los Angeles team. This person will manage and develop a community across all of RYOT’s social media platforms with daily published content and campaigns, as well as direct interactions with our audience. The Social Media Manager will work closely with the editorial team to conceptualize the visual and copy needed to craft and deliver every asset for our digital presence. They will be responsible for formulating a clear strategy for distribution and publishing across relevant channels for maximum exposure. The role will work towards growing RYOT’s online audience and engagement with RYOT content.
This position is in the WGA-E bargaining unit.
● Please send links to your personal website and public social media accounts.
● 2-3 years of experience in social media.
● Brainstorm and manage assets and copy and for daily social content and monthly campaigns.
● Develop strategic cadence for publishing across all platforms.
● Cultivate a strong social media community and engagement strategy.
● Track metrics and analytics for published assets.
● Familiar with basic photo and video editing software.
● Extensive social media profile and audience reach.
● Proactive, self-motivated, entrepreneurial and creative.
● Interest in media and demonstrated creative passion (in art, music, film, etc.).
● Positive, collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a fast paced environment.
● Experience working with virtual reality or 360 content preferred but not required.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.